Step-by-Step Guide to:
For individuals accessing SNAP in a computer lab, please consult your instructor before installation.
If you have already created a SNAP account and need to install only the SNAP 2016 Evergreen App, click here.
Are you a new student to SNAP, an existing student, or an instructor? SNAP access instructions are available for each.
Follow the instructions below. You will create a user profile and install the SNAP 2016 Evergreen App. The Evergreen App allows you to use Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint to complete assignments using any method available. To complete the enrollment process, you will need:
A SNAP activation code (available at your school's bookstore)
eBook activation code(s) (purchased with the SNAP activation code)
The course Join code (supplied by your instructor).
Install the SNAP 2016 Evergreen App
The SNAP 2016 Evergreen App is located here https://connect.snap2016.com/player/SNAPEvergreenSetup.exe
Use the Chrome browser to install the SNAP 2016 Evergreen App. Chrome will show the installation file at the bottom of the page.
*For optimal performance, Paradigm recommends using the Chrome web browser.
The Evergreen App requires Microsoft software:
.Net Version 4.6*
Microsoft Office 2016 with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
* Windows operating systems 10, 8, and 8.1 have .Net 4.6 installed, some Windows 7 systems do not. If you do not have .Net 4.6 installed, the installation program will provide a link to a Microsoft site where you can download and install it.
11) Default to Standard Installation, select Next.
13) Launch Evergreen App by checking the box. Click Finish.
Create a User Profile and Log In
1) Instructors are invited via email to join courses. From the SNAP 2016 email invite, Select Getting Started.
3) Confirm the course(s) you are joining and click Continue.
4) Complete the enrollment form.
If you are installing the SNAP 2016 Evergreen App, check the "I need to install the SNAP Application" box. If the Evergreen App is already installed, remove the checkmark.
5) If you need to install the SNAP Application, verify the course(s) you are enrolling in and click Continue.
6) You have now created a user profile and joined a course. Close the browser. Using your Chrome browser, navigate to http://paradigmpublishing.instructure.com, and log into SNAP.
Current Player version is 2.1.1
Create a User Profile
4) Enter your Email Address and Join Code (provided to you by your instructor). Click Continue.
10) At the bottom of the webpage, select the Up arrow and then select Open.
6) Check your email account for a message from "firstname.lastname@example.org", select the "GETTING STARTED" button in the body of the email.
5) Close the confirmation page.
1) Using the Chrome web browser, go to
2) Click GETTING STARTED.
Note: If you are an existing SNAP user and wish to enroll in a new course, login to SNAP, select Account, select Enroll in a course, and enter the Join Code for your new course. Click here to install the updated SNAP 2016 App.
3) Select your school from the drop-down menu.
Note: if your school is not listed, select the click here link on the Welcome page. You will access SNAP from your school's learning management system (LMS) and do not need to create a SNAP account, you will need the SNAP Player and a SNAP Activation code.
7) The Getting Started link will open a browser window to complete the enrollment process. Fill out the enrollment form.
Select, Agree to the terms
Enter your Full Name
Create a Password
Confirm your Password
Select, I need to download the SNAP Application (PC users only*, MAC users do not install this.)
*If you are enrolling at school lab computer you do not need to install the SNAP Evergreen Application, however you will need to install it on your personal computer.
Follow the directions below to install the SNAP 2016 Evergreen App
12) Select Yes, to allow SNAP to make changes to your computer.
14) SNAP will confirm your computer is properly configured. Click Close.
15) To begin using SNAP, open your Chrome browser and navigate to
16) Enter your Email address and Password. Click SUBMIT.
Follow the directions below to activate the SNAP content.
To activate SNAP content, you will need the SNAP Activation code—purchased at your bookstore or received via email from Paradigm Education Solutions—and the eBook activation code(s) packaged with the SNAP Activation code.
17) Login to SNAP and select your course.
18) Select any SNAP assignment*
*Some assignments may not be available, or may not require activation. You may need to try more than one assignment to open the activation page.
19) Enter your SNAP activation code, select Submit Code.
20) You may be required to enter an eBook activation code when you first access your SNAP ebook.
21) Enter your ebook activation code, select Submit Code.
If you have previously enrolled in a SNAP Course and are enrolling in a new course, you will need the course Join Code, (supplied by your instructor) of the new course.
1) Using Chrome, navigate to and login with your existing user name and password.
c: Enroll in a course
3) Type, or cut/paste the new course Join Code, select Join Course. Your new course will appear on your Canvas Dashboard. You may be required to activate your eBooks.